It’s no surprise how amazing, nutritious and delicious our avocado fruit is to our body. Avocado oil is packed with vitamins, protein, copper, fiber and monounsaturated fats that help to develop cells both in AND outside of your body. Avocados deserve all the praise they get and more! It’s an amazingly versatile resource that widely benefits dozens of beauty needs.
A great advantage of this oil is that it is suitable for most skin without negative effects.
One of the qualities that make avocado oil stand out from the other oils is the level of oleic acid it contains. Oleic acid is a fatty acid that is known for its enhancement of skin permeability. Our skin is a layer of protection that is designed to keep the bad stuff out and the good stuff in.
Oleic acid is what helps our skin open up the gates to welcome in the nutrients and while most oils hover around 15% oleic acid composition, avocado is comprised of a whopping 63% of the fatty acid!
Because of the high levels of oleic acid, avocado oil is a well – known ‘carrier oil’. This means that you can combine avocado oil with other essential oils so that the nutrients from those oils can be delivered to the skin and be absorbed more effectively.
With oleic acid levels like that, what kinds of healthy goodness is our skin absorbing from avocado oil? Well, the answer to that question is quite the long list!
- Vitamins A, B, D, and E
- Amino Acids
- Linoleic Acid
- Beta Carotene
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Another interesting fact about avocado oil is it acts as a humectant, which retains and preserves the moisture in your skin.
Avocados oils are extremely rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, which translates to insane levels of skin moisturization!
If you have an allergy to avocado, it is recommended that you avoid using avocado oil topically
- Calms dry, flaky skin
- Keeps skin soft and moisturized to promote a healthy glow
- Hydrates dull complexions
- Moisturizes to help fight premature signs of aging
- Promote the growth of newer, firmer skin
- Keeps skin hydrated without oily residue
- Moisturizes irritated, inflamed skin
- The antioxidants found in avocados are responsible for aiding in the relief of dry skin. High in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids will assist in healthy cell function and decrease the appearance of inflammation
- Delivers nutrients deep into the skin
- Produce and maintain the skin’s natural oil barrier
- Helps retain skin elasticity
Vitamin E, potassium, lecithin, and omega fatty acids contribute to the ultimate nourishment to many skin types. The natural substances in avocado oil is great for moisturizing and contains ingredients that potentially fights off the effects of premature aging.
- Can enhance the beauty of the skin