We have been so blessed by mother nature with so many rich plants, trees, minerals and other interesting stuffs that is useful, in enhancing our beauty from inside out without the fear of damaging our health. Skincare and cosmetics are part of majority of women’s daily routine. We all use one form of skincare/cosmetics to a certain level daily and all through our lifetime.
Have you ever checked the constituents of your favourite products?
Is natural skincare good for you? – here are the reasons why you should consider:
WHY NATURAL SKINCARE IS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN
- Natural ingredients have a wide range of benefits which can heal your skin, both internally and externally.
- When natural ingredients like vitamin C are absorbed into the skin, they can increase collagen production, improve oxygen and blood flow to the skin, and repair free radical damage.
- A recent study suggests that using natural ingredients on your skin can address hyperpigmentation and irritation, while another found that it can help reduce skin damage caused by the sun.
- Do you know that your body absorbs what you put on your skin and the fact is you wouldn’t choose to eat these chemicals, so why put them on your skin? Avoid the chemical laden stuff and your health will thank you for it.
- The Toxic load of conventional cosmetics are worth checking. An average woman applies up to 200 chemicals on her skin through cosmetics, perfume and other skin care products. The amount of toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis build up and contribute to the toxic load in our body system. Whilst the body has an effective detoxificationsystem, we can easily overload it if we don’t become mindful and intentional about reducing our chemical and toxin exposure.
- Only a small percentage of chemicals used in skin care have safety data. There are also many chemicals still used that other countries have banned due to safety concerns. Ingredients such as parabens, triclosan, and phthalates all have research showing they are harmful to our health. Whilst choosing natural skin care products does not guarantee you won’t have a reaction; they are less harsh on your skin and are tolerated by majority.
- Most natural skincare products contain nourishing antioxidant ingredients that your skin loves rather than chemicals that can potentially cause free radicals that can further age your skin. Little by little mother nature restores and in the long run, you’ll reap the benefits of using natural skin care.
Here are the ingredients to avoid with health concerns shown through research, and the ingredients to include that our beneficial for our skin.
Chemical ingredients to avoid:
|Parabens||Hormone disruptor, possible developmental & reproductive toxin, may affect fertility and developmental delays in children|
|Triclosan||Hormone disruptor, possible developmental, endocrine & reproductive toxin, may affect fertility and contribute to metabolic disorders|
|Phthalates||Hormone disruptor, possible developmental, endocrine, respiratory & reproductive toxin, increased risk of developing asthma and allergies, developmental delays in children, may affect fertility|
|Oxybenzone||Hormone disruptor, possible developmental toxin, may affect immune system and allergies|
|Talc||Associated with an increased risk of detrimental health effects, especially to the uterus and ovaries|
|Petrochemicals||Concerns over possible organ toxicity, possible carcinogen and problems with contamination|
Natural ingredients to include:
|Vitamin E||Antioxidant, helps protect against oxidative damage, barrier to moisture loss|
|Vitamin C||Antioxidant, may help reduce fine lines, assists the body’s natural collagen production, photo-protective|
|Kakadu Plum||Rich in vitamin C and other antioxidant compounds, may help reduce fine lines and wrinkles|
|Sea buckthorn||Highly moisturising, may help smooth fine lines & wrinkles & reduce skin roughness|
|Aloe vera||Deeply soothing, moisturising and smoothing for the skin|
|Resveratrol||Antioxidant, may help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, photo-protective, reduces skin inflammation|
|CoQ10||Antioxidant, may combat the signs of ageing|
|Jojoba oil||Great moisturiser for dry, ageing and dehydrated skin. Natural fluid wax – mimics skins natural oils & can penetrate deep layers|